Let's know about Britam general insurance | Britam - Kenya
General Insurance Banner
General Insurance Member Content
General insurance or non-life insurance includes motor, property, medical and homeowners policies. These policies provide payments depending on the loss from a particular financial event. General insurance is typically defined as any insurance that is not determined to be life insurance.
- DR. BENSON I. WAIREGIGroup Managing DirectorDr. Wairegi holds a Honorary Doctorate Degree from Kenyatta University, a Masters of Business Administration Degree and Bachelor of Commerce Degree both from the University of Nairobi and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K). He is a Director of HF Group Limited. He is also the Chancellor of Kenyatta University, a former chairman of the Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI) and former board member of the Board of Trustees of the Insurance Training and Education Trust (ITET).
- DR. PETER K. MUNGA, CBSNon-Executive DirectorDr. Munga is a retired Deputy Secretary in the Government of Kenya. He holds an Honorary Doctorate in Business Administration (Honoris Causa) from United Graduate College and Seminary. He is a Certified Public Secretary with vast experience in both public and private sector management. He also holds the Yara Prize for a Green Revolution in Africa Laureate 2009 award. Dr. Munga is the former Chairman of Equity Bank Limited, former Chairman of National Oil Corporation of Kenya (NOCK), Chairman of Equatorial Nut Processors Ltd and Chairman of Fresho International Limited. He is an enterprising businessman and runs the Pioneer Group of Schools.
- GEORGE ODONon-Executive DirectorMr. Odo is the Managing Director for AfricInvest East Africa and a Senior Partner with the AfricInvest Group. He has over 25 years experience working in various sectors in East and Southern Africa region including Agribusiness, Banking, Insurance, Micro finance, and Appointment of George Odo as a Director of Britam Holdings Plc International development. He previously served as a Non-Executive Director (NED) for the UAP Insurance Group, Family Bank Kenya, Brookhouse International School Kenya, Mayfair Bank Kenya and Danish Refugee Council for Horn of Africa and Yemen. Mr. Odo holds an Executive MBA degree from United States International University (Kenya) & Columbia University (USA), a B Com degree from Rani Durgavati University (India) and is also a Certified Partnership Broker and a Certified Accountant.
- Ms. Josephine OssiyaNon-Executive DirectorMs. Ossiya is currently the Chief Finance Officer at Bujagali Energy Limited. She was previous the CFO and Head of Finance of ATC Ghana (2012 - 2014) and the Finance Director, Eskom Uganda Limited from 2008 to 2012. She is also a board member of the Central Bank of Uganda. She is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU), a Fellow Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK (ACCA) and a Member of Institute of Internal Auditors Inc. US (IIA). She is also a founder Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Inc. Uganda. Ms. Ossiya holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree (Accounting) from Makerere University.
- Mrs. Barbara Chesire-ChabbagaNon-Executive DirectorMrs. Chabbaga holds a Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science from the University of Calgary, Canada. She is currently a consultant with AB Consultants specializing in Micro insurance capacity building for the industry stakeholders in life, health and general insurance. She is a Micro insurance consultant for ILO Impact Insurance Facility. She has 10 years’ experience in the Insurance industry and was Assistant Manager Micro insurance, Product & Actuarial Services at CIC Life where she worked from 2009 to 2013. She is a member of the Society of Actuaries (SOA), The Actuarial Society of Kenya (TASK) and the Casualty Actuarial Society Microinsurance Working Party.
- Mr. Evanson KimemiaNon-Executive DirectorMr. Kimemia is an Insurance expert having been in the industry for more than 30 years. He was the Managing Director of Kenya Alliance Insurance Company Limited for 7 years until January 2015. He also worked for AON for 8 years as a Divisional Director. He is a Chartered Insurer (ACII), and holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Nairobi.
- Dr. Joe MuchekehuNon-Executive DirectorDr. Muchekehu has over 30 years’ experience in Accounting, Auditing and Financial Management Services and has been involved in the development of the Accountancy Profession in Kenya. He is a past Chairman of institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya, Kenya College of Accountancy & Country Representative of International Assembly of Chartered Certified Accountants
- STEPHEN WANDERAPrincipal Executive Director (Business)Mr. Wandera is currently the Principal Executive Director (Business), overseeing the International Division of six countries and two insurance companies in Kenya. He is also a past Chairman of the Association of Kenya Insurers and a former Governor of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA). Mr. Wandera holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, both from the University of Nairobi. He has extensive experience in insurance and is also a fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII).