Life in Kenya | Britam - Kenya
Life Insurance Banner
Menú de navegació
Life(Our People) Content
Life insurance (or life assurance) is a contract between an insurance policy holder and Britam where the we promise to pay a designated beneficiary a sum of money (the benefit) in exchange for a premium, upon the death of an insured person (often the policy holder). Depending on the contract, other events such as terminal illness or critical illness can also trigger payment. The policy holder typically pays a premium, either regularly or as one lump sum. Other expenses, such as funeral expenses, can also be included in the benefits.
- DR. PETER K. MUNGA, CBSNon-Executive DirectorDr. Munga is a retired Deputy Secretary in the Government of Kenya. He holds an Honorary Doctorate in Business Administration (Honoris Causa) from United Graduate College and Seminary. He is a Certified Public Secretary with vast experience in both public and private sector management. He also holds the Yara Prize for a Green Revolution in Africa Laureate 2009 award. Dr. Munga is the former Chairman of Equity Bank Limited, former Chairman of National Oil Corporation of Kenya (NOCK), Chairman of Equatorial Nut Processors Ltd and Chairman of Fresho International Limited. He is an enterprising businessman and runs the Pioneer Group of Schools.
- STEPHEN WANDERANon-Executive DirectorMr. Wandera holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a Master of Business Administration Degree, both from the University of Nairobi. He has extensive experience in insurance and is also a fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII). He is the immediate former Principal Executive Director (Business), Britam Holdings Plc, overseeing the International Division of six countries and two insurance companies in Kenya, having retired on 31st December 2019. He is also a past Chairman of the Association of Kenya Insurers and a former Governor of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA).
- MR MOHAMED KARAMANon-Executive DirectorMr. Mohamed is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Government Financial Manager with diversified consulting skills, comprehensive project management experience and extensive knowledge of the public sector, financial services and healthcare industries. He has been a partner at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, leading advisory services both in Kenya and in the United States. He has over 20 years of global experience in both developed and emerging markets.
- Mr. Edward NjorogeNon-Executive DirectorMr. Njoroge is currently the Chairman of Proctor & Allan and Telkom Kenya. He is also the Chairman of the Investment Committee of Aureos East Africa Fund. He also sits on the Board of Stanbic Bank Kenya and Nerifa Holdings Ltd. He was previously the Managing Director of KenGen. Mr. Njoroge holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Makerere University
- MS. CAROLINE KIGENNon-Executive DirectorMs. Caroline has wide experience in accounting, financial management and corporate governance. She has worked with the University of Nairobi, and Strathmore University as a lecturer in accounting as well as PricewaterhouseCoopers in audit and assurance. Carol has also sat on a number of boards locally and internationally. She is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) where she has chaired a number of committees.
- Simon WairegiNon-Executive DirectorSimon Wairegi has over 10 years’ experience in Asset Management Investment Banking, and international exposure having lived and worked in Kenya, UK, USA and UAE. He is currently working with Abraaj Group. Previously he worked as an Investment Banking Analyst with Citi Group Global Markets in New York. Mr. Wairegi holds Bachelor of Arts Degree (Economics) from Yale University
- MARIANNE LONERNon-Executive DirectorMs. Loner holds a Masters in Business Administration from the Graduate school of Business Administration New York University. She has over thirty years’ experience in financial services and asset management. She is a Director at Sura Asset Management S.A. Colombia. She also serves as a Director of the Supervisory Board of Procredit Holdings AG & Co Germany.
- Ms. Christine SabwaIndependent Non-Executive DirectorMs. Sabwa holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree from University of Nairobi and is a Certified Public Accountant. She is an expert in financial advisory, audit, accounting, mergers and acquisition and is currently the Managing Partner of Sabwa & Associates, a business advisory firm handling audit, accounting, tax and financial advisory. She has over 22 years’ extensive experience in Business Strategy, Financial Management, Financial Risk Assessment and Auditing gained whilst working for Bharti Airtel Africa (based in Nairobi), Renaissance Capital Africa (based in Nigeria), Standard Bank of South Africa (based in South Africa), CFC Stanbic Bank (based in Kenya) and KPMG Kenya (based in Kenya). Ms. Sabwa is a non-executive Board member of Multichoice Group Limited, Spire Bank Kenya, ECLOF, Royal Nairobi Golf Club and Quaker Investment Company. She is a former board member at Airtel Mobile Commerce Ghana.
- AMBROSE DABANICEO & Principal Officer - Britam Life Assurance Company (K) Limited.
- Mr. Moses KangetheChief Finance Officer
- Mr. Dennis MworiaChief Operating Officer
- Mr. David LimoActuarial Manager
- Njeri JomoHead of Retail Life Products
- Ms. Rachel IreriHead of Corporate Life Service.
- Mr. George OpiyoHead of Group & Credit Life Sales
- Mr. Simeon BwireHead of Underwriting and Reinsurance
- Wambui WaithakaRisk & Compliance Manager
- Mr. Tillen OmondiHead of Product Development
- Mr. Mwangi GakigiHead of Pensions Sales.
- Mr. Martin OluochHead of Pension Administration
- Mr. Charles MainaHead of Life Operations
- Jackson KiboiHead of Legal.
- Mr. Mercy MauIT Manager
- Mr. Geofrey WangonduHead of Customer Service.
- Thomas KagaiInternal Audit Manager
- Ms. Wachuka NdeiHead of Human Resources.