Let's know about Britam general insurance | Britam - Kenya
General Insurance Banner
Menú de navegación
General Insurance Member Content
General insurance or non-life insurance includes motor, property, medical and homeowners policies. These policies provide payments depending on the loss from a particular financial event. General insurance is typically defined as any insurance that is not determined to be life insurance.
- JACKSON THEURICEO & Principal Officer - Britam General Insurance
- ANGELLA TUSABACFO
- FARI DOGOAg. COO
- SALOME MUKUNAHuman Resources Manager
- DAVID OBONYOHead of Medical Sales
- GRACE ANN MUMURisk & Compliance Manager
- MARY KIILUMarketing Manager
- EDDIE NJOROGEChairmanMr. Njoroge was appointed in 2003 as the Managing Director and CEO of Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited, a position he held until 2013. He is also the Chairman of Telkom Kenya, Proctor and Allan Limited, Corbetti Geothermal Company and Tanalec (Zambia) Limited among others. He served as the Chairman of the Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited for seven years (2009-2016). Mr. Njoroge graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree from Makerere University and a Masters in Business Administration (Leadership and Sustainability) degree from Cumbria University. Mr. Njoroge is a recipient of several awards honoring his contribution to industry development. Key among these is the Ordre National du Mérite awarded by the President of France in recognition of his contribution to the transformation of the energy sector. He was also conferred the Order of Elder of the Burning Spear (EBS) and Chief of the Burning Spear (CBS) by the President of the Republic of Kenya. Mr. Njoroge was elected as the President of the International Organization for Standardization for the years 2020-2021.
- DR. BENSON I. WAIREGIGroup Managing DirectorDr. Wairegi holds a Honorary Doctorate Degree from Kenyatta University, a Masters of Business Administration Degree and Bachelor of Commerce Degree both from the University of Nairobi and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K). He is a Director of HF Group Limited. He is also the Chancellor of Kenyatta University, a former chairman of the Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI) and former board member of the Board of Trustees of the Insurance Training and Education Trust (ITET).
- GEORGE ODONon-Executive DirectorMr. Odo is the Managing Director for AfricInvest East Africa and a Senior Partner with the AfricInvest Group. He has over 25 years experience working in various sectors in East and Southern Africa region including Agribusiness, Banking, Insurance, Micro finance, and Appointment of George Odo as a Director of Britam Holdings Plc International development. He previously served as a Non-Executive Director (NED) for the UAP Insurance Group, Family Bank Kenya, Brookhouse International School Kenya, Mayfair Bank Kenya and Danish Refugee Council for Horn of Africa and Yemen. Mr. Odo holds an Executive MBA degree from United States International University (Kenya) & Columbia University (USA), a B Com degree from Rani Durgavati University (India) and is also a Certified Partnership Broker and a Certified Accountant.
- Mrs. Barbara Chesire-ChabbagaNon-Executive DirectorMrs. Chabbaga holds a Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science from the University of Calgary, Canada. She is currently a consultant with AB Consultants specializing in Micro insurance capacity building for the industry stakeholders in life, health and general insurance. She is a Micro insurance consultant for ILO Impact Insurance Facility. She has 10 years’ experience in the Insurance industry and was Assistant Manager Micro insurance, Product & Actuarial Services at CIC Life where she worked from 2009 to 2013. She is a member of the Society of Actuaries (SOA), The Actuarial Society of Kenya (TASK) and the Casualty Actuarial Society Microinsurance Working Party.
- Mr. Evanson KimemiaNon-Executive DirectorMr. Kimemia is an Insurance expert having been in the industry for more than 30 years. He was the Managing Director of Kenya Alliance Insurance Company Limited for 7 years until January 2015. He also worked for AON for 8 years as a Divisional Director. He is a Chartered Insurer (ACII), and holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Nairobi.
- Dr. Joe MuchekehuNon-Executive DirectorDr. Muchekehu has over 30 years’ experience in Accounting, Auditing and Financial Management Services and has been involved in the development of the Accountancy Profession in Kenya. He is a past Chairman of institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya, Kenya College of Accountancy & Country Representative of International Assembly of Chartered Certified Accountants
- STEPHEN WANDERANon-Executive DirectorMr. Wandera holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a Master of Business Administration Degree, both from the University of Nairobi. He has extensive experience in insurance and is also a fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII). He is the immediate former Principal Executive Director (Business), Britam Holdings Plc, overseeing the International Division of six countries and two insurance companies in Kenya, having retired on 31st December 2019. He is also a past Chairman of the Association of Kenya Insurers and a former Governor of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA).
- Dr. Catherine Ngahu, EBS.Independent Non-Executive DirectorDr. Ngahu holds a PhD in Business Administration from the University of Nairobi and is a Business Research Fellow, at the Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, USA. She also holds Master’s in Business Administration in Marketing Strategy – University of Nairobi and Bachelor of Education, Business Studies First Class Honors - University of Nairobi). She has published extensively in the areas of marketing strategy, brand building, quality issues, customer service, technology policy and mobile money. Dr. Ngahu has vast Board experience including being the current Chairperson of SBO Research Limited, Chairman of Universal Service Fund Advisory Council at Communications Authority of Kenya, Board Member at Ecobank Transnational Group and Chairperson of its ICT Committee. She is a former board member and Chairman of Uchumi Supermarkets PLC, Kenya ICT Board (ICT Authority), Project Governance and Oversight Committee, Kenya Transparency and Communications Infrastructure Project (KTCIP), AAR Insurance, Eveready EA, Kenya Women Finance Trust and KCA University.
- Ms. Winnie PertetIndependent Non-Executive DirectorMs. Pertet holds a Master’s in Business Administration in Human Resource Management and Bachelor of Education both from Kenyatta University. She has over 25 years’ experience as a HR thought leader, which spans across all the facets of HR Practice including Organizational Design, Performance Management, Organization Transformation and Culture. She has experience in financial services and manufacturing sectors having worked in large organizations including KCB, East African Breweries, Coca Cola and Old Mutual. She is the founder and CEO of Serian Consulting, a HR consulting firm. She was also the founder Chairperson of National Employment Authority.