Let's know about Britam general insurance | Britam - Kenya
General Insurance Banner
Menu de Navigation
General Insurance Member Content
General insurance or non-life insurance includes motor, property, medical and homeowners policies. These policies provide payments depending on the loss from a particular financial event. General insurance is typically defined as any insurance that is not determined to be life insurance.
- JACKSON THEURICEO & Principal Officer - Britam General Insurance
- ANGELLA TUSABACFO
- FARI DOGOAg. COO
- SALOME MUKUNAHuman Resources Manager
- DAVID OBONYOHead of Medical Sales
- GRACE ANN MUMURisk & Compliance Manager
- MARY KIILUMarketing Manager
- EDDIE NJOROGEChairman
- DR. BENSON I. WAIREGIGroup Managing DirectorDr. Wairegi holds a Honorary Doctorate Degree from Kenyatta University, a Masters of Business Administration Degree and Bachelor of Commerce Degree both from the University of Nairobi and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K). He is a Director of HF Group Limited. He is also the Chancellor of Kenyatta University, a former chairman of the Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI) and former board member of the Board of Trustees of the Insurance Training and Education Trust (ITET).
- GEORGE ODONon-Executive DirectorMr. Odo is the Managing Director for AfricInvest East Africa and a Senior Partner with the AfricInvest Group. He has over 25 years experience working in various sectors in East and Southern Africa region including Agribusiness, Banking, Insurance, Micro finance, and Appointment of George Odo as a Director of Britam Holdings Plc International development. He previously served as a Non-Executive Director (NED) for the UAP Insurance Group, Family Bank Kenya, Brookhouse International School Kenya, Mayfair Bank Kenya and Danish Refugee Council for Horn of Africa and Yemen. Mr. Odo holds an Executive MBA degree from United States International University (Kenya) & Columbia University (USA), a B Com degree from Rani Durgavati University (India) and is also a Certified Partnership Broker and a Certified Accountant.
- Mrs. Barbara Chesire-ChabbagaNon-Executive DirectorMrs. Chabbaga holds a Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science from the University of Calgary, Canada. She is currently a consultant with AB Consultants specializing in Micro insurance capacity building for the industry stakeholders in life, health and general insurance. She is a Micro insurance consultant for ILO Impact Insurance Facility. She has 10 years’ experience in the Insurance industry and was Assistant Manager Micro insurance, Product & Actuarial Services at CIC Life where she worked from 2009 to 2013. She is a member of the Society of Actuaries (SOA), The Actuarial Society of Kenya (TASK) and the Casualty Actuarial Society Microinsurance Working Party.
- Mr. Evanson KimemiaNon-Executive DirectorMr. Kimemia is an Insurance expert having been in the industry for more than 30 years. He was the Managing Director of Kenya Alliance Insurance Company Limited for 7 years until January 2015. He also worked for AON for 8 years as a Divisional Director. He is a Chartered Insurer (ACII), and holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Nairobi.
- Dr. Joe MuchekehuNon-Executive DirectorDr. Muchekehu has over 30 years’ experience in Accounting, Auditing and Financial Management Services and has been involved in the development of the Accountancy Profession in Kenya. He is a past Chairman of institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya, Kenya College of Accountancy & Country Representative of International Assembly of Chartered Certified Accountants
- STEPHEN WANDERANon-Executive DirectorMr. Wandera is a past Chairman of the Association of Kenya Insurers and a former Governor of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA). Mr. Wandera holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, both from the University of Nairobi. He has extensive experience in insurance and is also a fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII).