Let's know about Britam general insurance | Britam - Kenya
General Insurance Banner
Menù di navigazione
General Insurance Member Content
General insurance or non-life insurance includes motor, property, medical and homeowners policies. These policies provide payments depending on the loss from a particular financial event. General insurance is typically defined as any insurance that is not determined to be life insurance.
- JACKSON THEURIPrincipal Officer - Britam General Insurance
- ANGELLA TUSABACFO
- FARI DOGOAg. COO
- SALOME MUKUNAHuman Resources Manager
- DAVID OBONYOHead of Medical Sales
- GRACE ANN MUMURisk & Compliance Manager
- Mrs. Barbara Chesire-ChabbagaNon-Executive DirectorMrs. Chabbaga holds a Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science from the University of Calgary, Canada. She is currently a consultant with AB Consultants specializing in Micro insurance capacity building for the industry stakeholders in life, health and general insurance. She is a Micro insurance consultant for ILO Impact Insurance Facility. She has 10 years’ experience in the Insurance industry and was Assistant Manager Micro insurance, Product & Actuarial Services at CIC Life where she worked from 2009 to 2013. She is a member of the Society of Actuaries (SOA), The Actuarial Society of Kenya (TASK) and the Casualty Actuarial Society Microinsurance Working Party.
- Mr. Evanson KimemiaChairmanMr. Kimemia is an Insurance expert having been in the industry for more than 30 years. He was the Managing Director of Kenya Alliance Insurance Company Limited for 7 years until January 2015. He also worked for AON for 8 years as a Divisional Director. He is a Chartered Insurer (ACII), and holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Nairobi.
- Mr. Tavaziva MadzingaExecutive DirectorMr. Tavaziva Madzinga is an actuarial scientist, holder of a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Cape Town and has attended INSEAD Business School, France and Harvard Business School. He has over 20 years’ experience in the Insurance industry and has served in various capacities which include Chief Executive Officer Swiss Re (UK & Ireland), Managing Director, Swiss Re Middle East & Africa, Regional Chief Executive Officer South & East Africa Old Mutual.
- Mr. Kuria MuchiruIndependent Non -Executive DirectorMr. Muchiru holds a Bachelor of Science (Mathematics and Statistics) from the University of Nairobi and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K). He has had a career at PwC spanning 35 years which has given him wide ranging but also deep experience in Operations and the Public sector. This experience has been in Kenya, East Africa, sub-Sahara Africa, and the UK. Mr. Muchiru is the Chairman of Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) and three associated companies.
- Dr. Catherine Ngahu, EBS.Independent Non-Executive DirectorDr. Ngahu holds a PhD in Business Administration from the University of Nairobi and is a Business Research Fellow, at the Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, USA. She also holds Master’s in Business Administration in Marketing Strategy – University of Nairobi and Bachelor of Education, Business Studies First Class Honors - University of Nairobi). She has published extensively in the areas of marketing strategy, brand building, quality issues, customer service, technology policy and mobile money. Dr. Ngahu has vast Board experience including being the current Chairperson of SBO Research Limited, Chairman of Universal Service Fund Advisory Council at Communications Authority of Kenya, Board Member at Ecobank Transnational Group and Chairperson of its ICT Committee. She is a former board member and Chairman of Uchumi Supermarkets PLC, Kenya ICT Board (ICT Authority), Project Governance and Oversight Committee, Kenya Transparency and Communications Infrastructure Project (KTCIP), AAR Insurance, Eveready EA, Kenya Women Finance Trust and KCA University.
- Mr. Edouard SchmidNon-Executive DirectorMr. Schmid holds a Masters degree in Physics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology. He is an Underwriting Advisor to Swiss Re's Group Executive Committee and the former Group Chief Underwriting Officer and member of the Group Executive Committee of Swiss Re Ltd until 31 August 2020, overseeing Swiss Re's underwriting activities across its Reinsurance, Commercial Insurance and Primary L&H businesses. He is a Member of the Board of Directors New China Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- Ms. Winnie PertetIndependent Non-Executive DirectorMs. Pertet holds a Master’s in Business Administration in Human Resource Management and Bachelor of Education both from Kenyatta University. She has over 25 years’ experience as a HR thought leader, which spans across all the facets of HR Practice including Organizational Design, Performance Management, Organization Transformation and Culture. She has experience in financial services and manufacturing sectors having worked in large organizations including KCB, East African Breweries, Coca Cola and Old Mutual. She is the founder and CEO of Serian Consulting, a HR consulting firm. She was also the founder Chairperson of National Employment Authority.